BELOIT, Wis. - Beloit police said a 27-year-old woman who died in a rollover crash Saturday morning had been pursued by Town of Beloit police before the crash.
Police identified the woman as Heather Pfeiffer. Beloit police said she was traveling at a high rate of speed in a mini-van near Prairie Avenue near Carlyle. She attempted to turn right when her vehicle rolled over several times. Police said Pfeiffer was not wearing a seat belt. Toxicology tests will determine if alcohol was a factor in the crash.
According to Beloit police, before the crash Pfeiffer was stopped for a traffic violation by Town of Beloit police. When the officer was checking Pfeiffer's information, she took off. Police pursued her van for a short time but stopped the chase.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted