BELOIT, Wis. - Beloit police said a 27-year-old woman who died in a rollover crash Saturday morning had been pursued by Town of Beloit police before the crash.
Police identified the woman as Heather Pfeiffer. Beloit police said she was traveling at a high rate of speed in a mini-van near Prairie Avenue near Carlyle. She attempted to turn right when her vehicle rolled over several times. Police said Pfeiffer was not wearing a seat belt. Toxicology tests will determine if alcohol was a factor in the crash.
According to Beloit police, before the crash Pfeiffer was stopped for a traffic violation by Town of Beloit police. When the officer was checking Pfeiffer's information, she took off. Police pursued her van for a short time but stopped the chase.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Chief: Monday 'a horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime