MILWAUKEE - A suburban Milwaukee woman is now charged in the deaths of her three children who died in a fire last week after being left home alone.
Twenty-four-year-old Angelica Belen of West Allis was charged Tuesday with three felony counts of child neglect resulting in death.
According to the complaint, Belen told investigators that Thursday was her first day of work and she could not find a babysitter, so she locked the three children in a bedroom.
The fire broke out that afternoon. The bodies of 5-year-old Nayeli Colon and her 4-year-old twin brothers, Alexis and Adrian Colon, were found under a dresser in the bedroom. The children died of smoke inhalation and burns.
Investigators say the electrical fire was caused by a light fixture in the kitchen and was accidental.
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI