WHITEWATER, Wis. - Two suspicious packages found outside Whitewater High School prompted the evacuation of the school Monday morning.
A release from the school district said the package was found at 7:55 a.m. The school was put on lockdown and students were moved to the school’s auditorium before they were moved to Young Auditorium on the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater campus. As of 12:25 p.m., all students were released to their parents, but the grounds remained closed.
The Whitewater Aquatic Center was also evacuated and nearby residents were notified. The Kenosha Bomb Squad was called to the scene.
Two suspicious packages were located and analyzed and were determined to be non-threatening. The inside of the buildings have also been searched for any suspicious items, but nothing was found, according to a release from Whitewater police.
- Man suspected in shooting spree identified
- La Crosse teen saves choking friend
- A look at 4 victims of northern Wisconsin shootings
- CrossFit Games qualifying rounds give Madison taste of championships
- Police chief: Crime in Janesville continues to decrease, heroin remains a problem
- Wisconsin teen is image of hope for children with cardiac failure