WHITEWATER, Wis. - Two suspicious packages found outside Whitewater High School prompted the evacuation of the school Monday morning.
A release from the school district said the package was found at 7:55 a.m. The school was put on lockdown and students were moved to the school’s auditorium before they were moved to Young Auditorium on the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater campus. As of 12:25 p.m., all students were released to their parents, but the grounds remained closed.
The Whitewater Aquatic Center was also evacuated and nearby residents were notified. The Kenosha Bomb Squad was called to the scene.
Two suspicious packages were located and analyzed and were determined to be non-threatening. The inside of the buildings have also been searched for any suspicious items, but nothing was found, according to a release from Whitewater police.
- Diabetics feeling pinch as insulin prices rise 8 percent
- Police: occupants of both cars in hit-and-run flee scene
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash
- CANCELED: Wisconsin River slow, no-wake order
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief