JANESVILLE, Wis. - Police had to help remove a 170-pound white-tailed deer that crashed into a Janesville motel.
Officers were called Thursday morning after people saw a male deer running around a parking lot and ramming into cars at a Target store. The deer then ran across a highway, vaulted through a closed, ground-level window and entered a room at a Super 8 Motel. (The embedded video courtesy the Janesville Gazette.)
The manager said the room was empty. Police guarded the door to keep the deer inside while veterinarians and DNR biologists tranquilized the animal.
Authorities removed the deer shortly before noon.
The deer had minor injuries to its snout from crashing through the window. Damage to the room was minor.
The DNR planned to release the deer at Storrs Lake Wildlife Area near Milton.
- Stoughton man critical after rollover crash
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'