BRINGHAM TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A Waunakee man hunting in rural Iowa County collapsed and was pronounced dead Monday, according to the Iowa County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to a field off County Road T in Brigham Township at 10:04 a.m. for a report of a hunter down.
Investigators said Fred R. Laufenberg, 58, had walked with his son about three-quarters of a mile off the roadway when he collapsed.
Emergency responders began CPR and Laufenberg was pronounced dead by a physician at the scene.
The preliminary cause of dead of death is believed to be a heart attack, according to the Iowa County Coroner's Office. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry