WAUNAKEE, WI - Waunakee clinched it's seventh Badger North Conference Championship in a row Tuesday, with a five-point win at home over Portage.
Portage, the underdog, came out of the gates fast, building an eight point lead in the first half. From there, Waunakee chipped away, reclaiming the lead in a back-and-forth second half.
Ryan Kruser hit the shot of the night as his three gave Waunakee a 50-47 lead with less than two minutes to play.
Waunakee was led by Kruser and Will Decorah, who each had 13 points.Waunakee clinches title against Portage
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart