WAUNAKEE, WI - Waunakee clinched it's seventh Badger North Conference Championship in a row Tuesday, with a five-point win at home over Portage.
Portage, the underdog, came out of the gates fast, building an eight point lead in the first half. From there, Waunakee chipped away, reclaiming the lead in a back-and-forth second half.
Ryan Kruser hit the shot of the night as his three gave Waunakee a 50-47 lead with less than two minutes to play.
Waunakee was led by Kruser and Will Decorah, who each had 13 points.Waunakee clinches title against Portage
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need