MADISON, Wis. - The Wisconsin Administrator of the Division of Criminal Investigation will take control of the state Department of Corrections.
Gov. Scott Walker named Ed Wall to the secretary post Friday. Wall starts Oct. 27, the day after current secretary Gary Hamblin retires.
Wall has served as a police officer, state trooper, and as a special agent for the Department of Justice. He led the Department of Criminal Investigation for two and a half years.
"Ed is an experienced manager who exhibits the leadership necessary to oversee the Department of Corrections," said Walker.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say