MADISON, Wis. - The Wisconsin Administrator of the Division of Criminal Investigation will take control of the state Department of Corrections.
Gov. Scott Walker named Ed Wall to the secretary post Friday. Wall starts Oct. 27, the day after current secretary Gary Hamblin retires.
Wall has served as a police officer, state trooper, and as a special agent for the Department of Justice. He led the Department of Criminal Investigation for two and a half years.
"Ed is an experienced manager who exhibits the leadership necessary to oversee the Department of Corrections," said Walker.
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- Man sentenced in heroin overdose death
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick