MADISON, Wis. - A 33-year-old man was taken to a hospital Saturday night with a head injury after he was struck in the head with a bottle, police said.
Madison police said the man told officers he was drinking with others beneath the Highway 30 bridge at Commercial Avenue at 9:45 p.m. when an argument broke out.
The injured man told police he couldn't remember what the disagreement was about, but he said it ended with the blow to his head. He said he fell, curled his body into a fetal position and was struck several more times. He left the area and went to a Milwaukee Street business to call for help.
Police said the attacker hadn't been located as of Monday morning.
- Former Giving Tree day care owner in court on felony theft charges
- Driver rescued after van gets stuck in Green Bay drawbridge
- Bicyclist injured in crash at busy west side intersection, officials say
- Basement fire causes $40K in damage to Janesville home
- Lawsuits complain that 2x4s, other boards don't measure up
- Man accused of killing acquaintance, dipping hands in bleach sentenced