TOWN OF SALEM, Wis. - A van driver was killed Friday morning in a crash with a school bus in Kenosha County.
A van rear-ended a school bus in the 24500 block of Wilmot Road around 9 a.m., the Kenosha County Sheriff's Department said. The bus was stopped on its route to Westosha Central High School.
WTMJ-TV reported that the van driver died. Three students suffered minor injuries and were taken to a hospital. The other student passengers were taken to Trevor Fire Department to be picked up by parents or released to school officials.
Highway C was closed between Highway 83 and 258th Avenue as officials investigate, the sheriff's department said. Motorists were asked to avoid the area.
- Kenosha alderman accused of stalking ex-girlfriend
- State officials act to help Northern Plains drought
- Confrontation involving man flying Nazi flag outside his home goes viral
- Assembly set to approve $3 billion for Foxconn
- Madison's emergency aid helps cover cost of 5 funerals
- Missing Adams County woman last seen Wednesday morning