TOWN OF SALEM, Wis. - A van driver was killed Friday morning in a crash with a school bus in Kenosha County.
A van rear-ended a school bus in the 24500 block of Wilmot Road around 9 a.m., the Kenosha County Sheriff's Department said. The bus was stopped on its route to Westosha Central High School.
WTMJ-TV reported that the van driver died. Three students suffered minor injuries and were taken to a hospital. The other student passengers were taken to Trevor Fire Department to be picked up by parents or released to school officials.
Highway C was closed between Highway 83 and 258th Avenue as officials investigate, the sheriff's department said. Motorists were asked to avoid the area.
- Janesville police search for suspect after shots fired in hotel
- Students make every penny count to raise money after Hurricane Maria
- DATCP releases 'Gift Card Do's, Don'ts and Gotchas'
- Local mom says thanks to community after receiving check for month's rent
- Trouble in Toyland report express concerns about children's toys connecting to internet
- Holiday spending expected to be at a 15-year high