MADISON, Wis. - University of Wisconsin-Madison graduates are giving a gift to their alma mater by turning an old parking lot into a beautiful green space.
Eight years and $8 million later, Alumni Park is a reality. It's located between Memorial Union and the Red Gym on the UW campus.
"It's the culmination of work of literally hundreds of people and of course our many donors and supporters, so our whole organization is involved and so many partners across the community," managing director of Alumni Park Mary Carbine said.
A Bucky Badger statue was revealed in the park Friday night.
- Group encourages people to 'Make Time' by leaving phones behind
- Madison Police Department doesn't get grant to hire additional officers
- Madison man gets eight years in prison for armed robbery
- Oshkosh man pleads guilty to providing drugs in fatal overdose
- Review: 'Justice League' an improvement for DC, still not the hero movie we need
- Body found in woods identified as missing teenager