DODGE COUNTY, Wis. - A man and woman suffered serious injuries Sunday morning when their deck collapsed under them.
Dodge County sheriff's deputies were dispatched to 962 Main St. in Clyman just before 9 a.m.
A 46-year-old woman and a 46-year-old man walked out on the deck and it collapsed beneath them, the Sheriff's Office said. The deck was on the south side of the building and was for the upper residential apartment.
The man and woman fell with the deck onto the concrete driveway below. Both were conscious and alert afterward.
The woman was transported to Beaver Dam Community Hospital with serious injuries. Flight for Life took the man to Aurora Summit, also with serious injuries, the Sheriff's Office said.
The building owner said the deck was inspected approximately two years ago.
- 13-year-old driver taken into custody after 2 police chases
- 24-year-old Baraboo man faces 5th OWI
- Madison Metro bus crashes into light pole on Stoughton Road
- Swift acquittal for former cop charged in Milwaukee shooting
- Assembly approves ban on pre-existing condition exclusion
- Judge to weigh solitary confinement, pepper spray at youth prison