TOWN OF CALAMUS, Wis. - One person was killed and another was seriously injured when the truck they were riding in was hit by a semi truck Friday night, the Dodge County Sheriff's Office said.
Law enforcement responded to a crash between a 2002 GMC pickup truck and a semi truck on Highway 151 just south of County Highway DE near Beaver Dam at 11:57 p.m., the Sheriff's Office said in a news release.
A preliminary investigation showed the front of the semi truck hit the pickup truck, causing the pickup to leave the roadway and overturn, the release said.
The pickup's driver, Hans Kubik, 68, of Columbus, was taken to Beaver Dam Hospital by ambulance and later flown by medical helicopter to UW Hospital, the release said. A passenger in the truck, Mary Larson, 68, of Columbus, was taken to Beaver Dam Hospital and later transported to UW Hospital by ambulance.
Kubik died Monday at UW Hospital, officials said.
The semi truck driver was uninjured, the release said. The crash remains under investigation.
- Court records: Man arrested for OWI in Green County served time for 2002 homicide
- Jefferson transforms for Harry Potter Festival
- Motorcycle driver taken to hospital after crash
- Guard who dragged a teen across floor gets bonus restored
- University of Wisconsin alums donated $25 million to school
- Madison police make changes to deadly force procedures