JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police said two people were killed in a crash Monday.
The accident happened at 3:26 p.m. Monday on Highway 14 by North River Road. Traffic was rerouted around Highway 14 for approximately five hours because of the crash, police said.
Police originally responded to a call for a head-on collision with two passengers seriously injured.
An investigation revealed a 75-year-old female driver from Janesville lost control of her Ford F-150 on the icy roads while driving eastbound on U.S. Highway 14. She then traveled into the westbound lane, striking a pickup truck driven by a 57-year-old man from Davis, Illinois.
The male driver was pronounced dead at the scene. The female was transported to Mercy Hospital and later was taken to U-W Hospital via Med Flight. She was pronounced dead Monday night.
Speed and alcohol are not thought to be contributing factors to the crash.
- Man crashes into fence, faces 4th OWI, officials say
- Officials unable to confirm connection between Beaver Dam disturbances, Madison shooting
- Police seek identity of purse thief from surveillance photos
- Fire officials: Fatal apartment fire started by candle
- Judge denies request to stop hearing to remove Green Bay mayor
- Medical examiner IDs man who died in east Madison fire