MONROE, Wis. - Monroe police said two men assaulted Wednesday might have been assaulted by the same man.
Police were called to Monroe Clinic and Hospital at 8:30 p.m.to investigate the assault of a 17-year-old Monroe teen. The teen told police he was punched by an assailant at 4:45 p.m. near Monroe High School.
The man was described as muscular and wearing a black T-shirt and black ski mask, who had jumped out of a black sport utility vehicle. The victim said the man fled in the SUV after punching him.
The victim said he met a friend a few hours later who described a similar assault. The second victim reported being punched by a man wearing a black hoodie, black ski mask and black gloves with red fingertips.
The 20year-old Argyle man told police the attack took place near Lincoln Park in the late afternoon and the assailant fled on a bicycle.
Both victims sought treatment for minor injuries.
Police are trying to determine if the attacks are related.
Anyone who might have witnessed the incidents is asked to contact Monroe police at 608-329-2400.
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- Man sentenced in heroin overdose death
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick