- 1 can (12 ounces or larger) light tuna, drained
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise, mayo-style salad dressing or plain yogurt
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. onion, chopped fine (optional)
- 4-5 slices whole-wheat bread (or 2 split English muffins)
- 4-5 slices cheddar cheese
Mix tuna, mayo, onion (if desired) and pepper in a microwave-safe bowl. Preheat broiler.* Lightly toast the bread. Heat the tuna salad mixture in the microwave (about 2 minutes on 50% power). Place the warm bread slices on a broiler pan (lined with foil for easy cleanup). While the toasted bread is still warm, top each slice with equal amounts of the warm tuna salad mixture and put a slice of cheddar cheese on top. Broil until the cheese is melted (watch carefully so it doesn?t burn).
*Note: If you prefer, you can heat these sandwiches in a hot oven (400 degrees) or toaster oven instead of a broiler.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire