For more than 70 years, National Pickle Day has been celebrated on Nov. 14 – and this year is no different.
Four Lakes Processing Collective, Madison's premier pickler of local produce, encourages all people living in Dane County to enjoy some pickles. FLPC is organized by Healthy Food For All of Dane County, as a way to support food recovery and waste reduction.
FLPC has pickled hundreds of pounds of local cucumbers, zucchini, beans and other produce within the past couple of months since its launch this summer.
"Americans eat more than five million pounds of pickles every year and the range of pickled products we're free to enjoy continues to grow," Joe Mingle, a FLPC organizer, said.
Happy National Pickle Day!
- 81 year-old UW Heath nurse thankful for decades of service
- 29-year-old's arm trapped under rolled, crashed vehicle, sheriff says
- Police: Man fatally shot in Milwaukee during argument
- Authorities arrest person of interest in sexual assaults
- Barn fire causes $75,000 in damage
- Business owner calls for action after months of waiting for charges from DA