DOWNERS GROVE, Ill. - You will no longer be able to get a discount on Illinois tolls if you don't have an I-PASS transponder.
The Illinois Tollway announced in their September newsletter that starting next year registered I-PASS users will only get a 50 percent discount on tolls if they have their transponders in their vehicles.
"No transponder, no discount," the announcement said.
Transponders can be shared between cars and motorcycles registered to the same I-PASS account, but the transponder must be properly mounted in the vehicle when driving through the tollway, according to the announcement.
Transponders cost $10, but the deposit is automatically refunded to the I-PASS account in the form of a credit pre-paid toll accounts, according to the I-PASS website.
- Chryst comments on NFL protests, relationship with players
- Irma forces St. John family to relocate to Madison
- Manhunt subject Jakubowski awaits verdict from jury
- New study shows effects of voter ID law on 2016 election
- Marquette County Sheriff's Department to receive more overdose rescue training
- Man in custody after reports of holding two children in a home near Sauk Prairie High School