DOWNERS GROVE, Ill. - You will no longer be able to get a discount on Illinois tolls if you don't have an I-PASS transponder.
The Illinois Tollway announced in their September newsletter that starting next year registered I-PASS users will only get a 50 percent discount on tolls if they have their transponders in their vehicles.
"No transponder, no discount," the announcement said.
Transponders can be shared between cars and motorcycles registered to the same I-PASS account, but the transponder must be properly mounted in the vehicle when driving through the tollway, according to the announcement.
Transponders cost $10, but the deposit is automatically refunded to the I-PASS account in the form of a credit pre-paid toll accounts, according to the I-PASS website.
- Red Cross: multiple people displaced in Juneau County fire
- Coroner: Marquette County hunter dies of gunshot wound; officials investigate
- City of Madison asks for feedback on proposed ID program
- Three hunters shoot themselves on Wisconsin gun deer opener
- Ravens force 5 TOs, rout struggling Packers 23-0
- Deputies: Town of Middleton fire causes $300K in damage