A 15-year old was hit during an attempted theft on the 100 block of State Street in Madison Friday afternoon.
The teen was on a field trip when he was robbed, police said. A robber strong-armed the student and took his hat. The victim was punched in the face while attempting to get back his Chicago Bulls hat.
The suspect, described by police as a male in his 20s, was apprehended inside a Madison College building after fighting with police. The suspect hit two responding officers in the face and was subdued by the use of a Taser.
The suspect is charged with robbery, physical abuse of a child and two counts of fighting with police. He is also charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
The man refused to identify himself. Officers were unable to provide a name when the incident was announced.
- Funding is available to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas