A 15-year old was hit during an attempted theft on the 100 block of State Street in Madison Friday afternoon.
The teen was on a field trip when he was robbed, police said. A robber strong-armed the student and took his hat. The victim was punched in the face while attempting to get back his Chicago Bulls hat.
The suspect, described by police as a male in his 20s, was apprehended inside a Madison College building after fighting with police. The suspect hit two responding officers in the face and was subdued by the use of a Taser.
The suspect is charged with robbery, physical abuse of a child and two counts of fighting with police. He is also charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
The man refused to identify himself. Officers were unable to provide a name when the incident was announced.
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game