ROCKFORD, Ill. - A tavern in Illinois offered free beer to the Illinois Department of Transportation Crew if it finished roadwork by Monday.
While the crew did joke with Olympic Tavern general manager Zach Rotello that they would take him up on his offer, the roadwork was not completed by the restaurant's deadline.
"It's fun to reach out directly to people and get their attention," Rotello said.
Olympic Tavern had the sign out for over a week, Rotello said.
- Body cam footage shows Walker's son offering to walk back to governor's mansion
- Amputee designs prosthetic skate for little boy
- Call for Action: Despite millions of dollars in state grants, many still don't have rural internet
- On-campus incidents have UW SAFEwalk calls skyrocketing
- Parisi: Affordable driver's ed program reaches six more school districts
- New salt certification program looks to lower contamination levels in Madison water