In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
Local and Regional News
- Asian carp DNA found in Green Bay's Fox River
- Walker questions timing of latest email release
- Burke won't indicate decision on school budget vote
- Emergency crews respond to ‘fairly involved’ structure fire
- 1 hospitalized after crash related to incident outside strip club
- Burke: Former Pres. Clinton will campaign in Wis.
- Woman injured in morning crash that shut down Beltline
- Assembly GOP unveils legislative priorities
- Public health officials look for information on dog bite
- Game farm owner gets probation for goose sausages