In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
Local and Regional News
- Lawmakers oppose placement of immigrant children in WI
- Terminal show policy in place to control swine virus
- Police: Car chase suspect dealt with depression
- Wisconsin suspects arrested after Facebook 'likes'
- Car crashes into trees; 1 killed
- Kenosha soldier dies from illness contracted in Afghanistan
- Campbell police chief pleads in tea party flap
- Parent seeks ban of 'Looking for Alaska'
- Wisconsin man gets 3.5 years in overdose death
- Drunken teen totals SUV, police say