In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
Published On: Jun 25 2013 01:56:20 PM CDT Updated On: Jun 26 2013 10:47:35 AM CDT
Local and Regional News
- Minn. lawmaker to lure business foes of right-to-work from Wis.
- Sheriff's deputies visit boy injured in Montfort shooting
- Cross asks lawmakers for reduced budget cut
- Partnership puts more Rock County deputies on patrol in Beloit
- Cone zones return: Beltline east lane closures begin next week
- Lawmaker asks DHS secretary about plan for possibly losing subsidies
- Superintendent: Walker schools budget is unsustainable path
- State DHS secretary defends SeniorCare cuts
- Holmen homicide suspect arrested in Iowa
- Multistate sex trafficking ring suspects posted ads in Wis.