In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
Local and Regional News
- Parties compete for turnout in 'purple' counties
- AG candidate accused of changing stance
- Milwaukee police union plans no-confidence vote
- Man charged in connection with September business burglaries
- Man killed in car crash in Dane County
- DA won't seek investigator in John Doe probe
- Man held in town of Menasha death
- Chest compressions keep man alive, gives him 5 'angels'
- Health officials start Ebola hotline
- Teens nabbed for at least 2 dozen thefts from cars, garages