In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
Local and Regional News
- Consumer Reports: Winning windows
- New development to feature grocery store, restaurants
- GAB: 'Extraordinary efforts' underway to put voter ID in place
- Deputies find ‘significant amount’ of meth in Lafayette County residence
- Mounted patrol joins search for missing dementia patient
- DOJ: Mt. Horeb man sentenced to federal prison for gun crimes
- UW Hospital once again named one of top employers for working parents
- Sheriff's captain accidentally shoots self
- Elections official calls GOP complaint 'absurd'
- Co-workers, community honor life of Ashlee Steele