In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
Local and Regional News
- Board looks into whether new 911 system causes radio failures
- Man claiming to have weapon robs east side gas station
- Search continues for missing boater in Kenosha Co.
- Janesville police fight war on drugs with neighborhood plan
- Reality Check: Hole ads both have holes
- Consumer Reports: Winning windows
- Competency evaluation ordered in teen stabbing
- Man pleads in dismemberment slaying
- Dells residents vote against $30M school referendum
- Republicans file lawsuit over redesigned ballot