MADISON, Wis. - A stove fire Monday morning caused about $7,500 in damage to an unoccupied condo, officials said.
Construction workers at a multi-unit residential complex in the 200 block of South Bedford Street called 911 just before 8 a.m. after discovering smoke coming from one of the condo units, according to a release.
Workers found large boxes on fire in one of the units, and used a fire extinguisher before evacuating the building, officials said.
Firefighters put out the fire when they arrived, but not before the flames damaged a stove and the cabinets and microwave above the stove, according to the release.
The fire is still under investigation.
- 13-year-old driver taken into custody after 2 police chases
- 24-year-old Baraboo man faces 5th OWI
- Madison Metro bus crashes into light pole on Stoughton Road
- Swift acquittal for former cop charged in Milwaukee shooting
- Assembly approves ban on pre-existing condition exclusion
- Judge to weigh solitary confinement, pepper spray at youth prison