MADISON, Wis. - A spark from within a work station ignited flammable chemicals in a Madison laboratory Sunday, according to officials.
The fire at Covance Laboratories on Kinsman Boulevard was big enough to trigger the lab's automatic sprinkler system. In addition to the lab's automatic fire sprinkler system, a security guard also used a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze, according to a report from the Madison Fire Department.
When the MFD arrived, the fire was already out. There were no injuries, officials said.
The MFD's Hazardous Incident Team also responded to the lab to further investigate the scene and neutralize any remaining chemical hazards, according to the report.
- Window of hope widens for stroke patients
- Madison bustling with big and lucrative events this weekend
- UW-Madison: Images of strange solar system visitor
- Attorney in 'Making A Murderer' case files a notice of appeal
- Groups challenge dairy industry lawsuit settlement
- Dane County Holiday Farmer's Market season kicks off Saturday