MADISON, Wis. - An east side bar was evacuated Thursday after patrons noticed smoke and a light haze coming from a malfunctioning pinball machine, according to a release.
Firefighters were called around 11:15 p.m. to the Parched Eagle Brewpub in the 1400 block of East Washington Avenue on reports of a smoke smell and a light haze in the bar, officials said.
Everyone evacuated the business, according to the release.
Firefighters said there was a noticeable smoke smell, consistent with electrical or electric motors, but there was barely any smoke haze after everyone left the bar and the door was kept open.
A bartender told officials he believed the smoke came from one of the pinball machines, so he turned off the power to all the machines, according to the release.
The machine causing the issue was unplugged and will be serviced by the gaming company that owns it, officials said.
- Court records: Man arrested for OWI in Green County served time for 2002 homicide
- Jefferson transforms for Harry Potter Festival
- Motorcycle driver taken to hospital after crash
- Guard who dragged a teen across floor gets bonus restored
- University of Wisconsin alums donated $25 million to school
- Madison police make changes to deadly force procedures