The Dane County Sheriff's Office confirmed to News 3 Monday that it is investigating a sexting case involving Monona Grove High School students.
Investigators have asked Snapchat for records in the case, according to court documents.
Documents show a female student sent nude photos to two male students. The female student has since gotten messages from unidentified Snapchat users threatening to "leak" images of her if she didn't send more naked pictures.
A sheriff's deputy said she was with the female student when she got one of the messages.
News 3 spoke to Monona Grove school district superintendent Dan Olson. Olson said he was not aware of the situation because it didn't happen on campus.
Stay with Channel3000.com as we continue to follow this developing story.
- Adams County deputies searching for two missing children
- Juneau County deputies investigate human remains found in woods
- Badgers stay undefeated with 24-10 win over Michigan, make case for playoff spot
- Group dedicates 50-year time capsule to mark critical moment in climate history
- Football fans flood Madison for Badger, Wolverine matchup
- Dodge County Sheriff's Office to implement crash reduction strategy