Police in Illinois were called on to help a furry, four-legged friend who found himself in a bind.
Officer K. Vaughn, of the City of Zion Police Department, received a call because a raccoon had been eating a little too well and was caught on a sewer grate.
After police and animal control were not able to remove the animal, the Zion Public Works Department was able to free him.
The raccoon was fine after his ordeal, authorities said.
- Haunted house clown faces charges in groping incident
- Police: Man faces charges for stealing from unlocked vehicles
- Crash closes portion of interstate near Edgerton
- Most Wisconsin schools meet or exceed expectations in newly-released report cards
- Group encourages people to 'Make Time' by leaving phones behind
- Madison Police Department doesn't get grant to hire additional officers