A Georgia man who is accused of robbing at least two banks was caught after he stopped to talk to a local news station on camera about traffic at a busy intersection.
Before giving the interview, police say Eric Rivers robbed a bank nearby, and proceeded to go to another bank right after the interview. Police believe Rivers was in the process of scoping out a plethora of area banks.
Rivers was arrested with the help of local news station WGCL Tuesday. Police believe he tried to rob five banks, but was only successful at robbing two.
- 29-year-old's arm trapped under rolled, crashed vehicle, sheriff says
- Police: Man fatally shot in Milwaukee during argument
- Authorities arrest person of interest in sexual assaults
- Barn fire causes $75,000 in damage
- Business owner calls for action after months of waiting for charges from DA
- The art of gratitude: Doctors say giving thanks improves your health