Lona "Mickey" Vail, age 90, of Janesville, died Saturday, Aug. 2, 2014, at Cedar Crest. She was born in Janesville on July 19, 1924, the daughter of George and Olive (Jacobs) Schultz. Mickey married John "Jack" Vail on Nov. 23, 1943 in Boston, MA. Together they moved to the Chicago area and resided in Chicago, Lombard and Glen Ellyn for over 50 years before returning to Janesville in the early 1990's. Jack preceded her in death on Dec. 10, 1991. Micky was a member of St. Peter's Lutheran Church and was a sister of the 1621 Ladies Auxiliary VFW and former member of the Loyal Order of Moose. She loved Country Line dancing, painting and singing in the "Silvertones" choral group.
She is survived by her 2 sons, John (Patricia) Vail of Wheaton, IL, and Terrance "Terry" Vail of Villa Park, IL; her former daughter-in-law, Nancy Vail of Villa Park, IL; 7 grandchildren: Robert (Sandy) Vail, Jennifere (Mike) Lux, Meghan Vail, Amy Vail, John Vail, Eileen Vail, and Michael Vail; 3 great grandchildren: Isabella, Tristan and Giselle; as well as many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a granddaughter; 3 brothers; and 5 sisters.
Memorial services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 6, 2014, at the SCHNEIDER APFEL SCHNEIDER & SCHNEIDER FUNERAL HOME and CREMATORY, Janesville. Pastor Bruce Gray will preside and burial will follow in Oak Hill Cemetery. Visitation will take place on Wednesday from 12:00 p.m. until the hour of service at the Funeral Home. Memorials may be made to the charity of your choice.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes