Seth Dixon wanted to make a splash when he decided to pop the question to long-time girlfriend Ruth Salas. Unfortunately, the Kansas City man didn’t quite make the splash he had hoped, according to KMBC.
Dixon brought Salas to their favorite spot in Kansas City's Loose Park to pop the question. As he presented the engagement ring, it slipped away and into the water below.
Friend Staci Dabney was recording the moment, which has now gone viral.
"And of course I looked over the bridge and I'm like it really did fall. I heard the plop of the ring and I'm like, oh no,” Salas said.
Dabney said 30 friends from their church convened at the bridge the next morning to look for the ring, to no avail.
Although she’s currently ringless, Salas remains confident in the proposal.
"I mean, we really didn't finish the proposal so, I mean, I hope he would propose again."
Dabney has set up a GoFundMe page for a new engagement ring. It has already raised more than $200.
- Court records: Man arrested for OWI in Green County served time for 2002 homicide
- Jefferson transforms for Harry Potter Festival
- Motorcycle driver taken to hospital after crash
- Guard who dragged a teen across floor gets bonus restored
- University of Wisconsin alums donated $25 million to school
- Madison police make changes to deadly force procedures