SUN PRAIRIE - David Herbert Hass, age 65, of Sun Prairie, passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday, Aug. 28, 2013, at his home.
He was born on Jan. 15, 1948, in Lansing, Mich., the son of Herbert and Marian (Bagg) Hass. David married Diane Eattoni on July 2, 1967, in Berrien Springs, Mich. He attended Andrews University for his undergraduate studies and received his master's degree from the University of Notre Dame. David was the Director of Judicial Education for the Supreme Court of the State of Wisconsin. He was the guide, protector, and leader of his family. His achievements provided the answers in difficult situations. David was selfless in his devotion to his wife, daughter, son, beloved grandchildren, mother-in-law, Kathleen Eattoni Dorff, and many others. He fulfilled his obligation to his family admirably. His family counted on him the most and he always delivered. He was a loving husband, loyal father, great friend, and a gentleman of a man. His unexpected death is a crushing loss and he will be missed beyond measure.
David is survived by his wife, Diane; son, Brian Hass; daughter, Shelly (Paul) Hoge; three grandchildren, Abby, Matt, and Nick Hoge; niece, Tracy (Jason) Sabatasse; and nephew, David (Marlene) Betke Jr. He was preceded in death by his sister, Jody Hass Lantz; and his parents.
Per David's wishes, private family services were held. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given to David's family or to an organization of your choice in David's memory. Online condolences may be made at www.gundersonfh.com.
- Congress considering removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say