LITTLE CHUTE, Wis. - A Kaukauna man has won a cheese-curd-eating contest by downing a half-pound of the rubbery snacks in less than two minutes.
The contest took place Saturday at the Great Wisconsin Cheese Festival in Little Chute. In the 25 years the contest has been run, the record was 2 minutes, 7 seconds.
The Press-Gazette Media reported that this year's winner was Tim Swokowski of Kaukauna. He set a festival record by finishing in 1 minute, 46 seconds.
He said the secret to winning is to swallow chunks of cheese. In his words: "I don't do a lot of chewin'."
He also said the key is to drink plenty of water. He said it's a lot harder to swallow cheese than one might think.
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash
- Russian officials: We're not counting on Trump to lift sanctions
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- 20-year-old UW-Whitewater student dies of brain injury
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race