LITTLE CHUTE, Wis. - A Kaukauna man has won a cheese-curd-eating contest by downing a half-pound of the rubbery snacks in less than two minutes.
The contest took place Saturday at the Great Wisconsin Cheese Festival in Little Chute. In the 25 years the contest has been run, the record was 2 minutes, 7 seconds.
The Press-Gazette Media reported that this year's winner was Tim Swokowski of Kaukauna. He set a festival record by finishing in 1 minute, 46 seconds.
He said the secret to winning is to swallow chunks of cheese. In his words: "I don't do a lot of chewin'."
He also said the key is to drink plenty of water. He said it's a lot harder to swallow cheese than one might think.
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash