LITTLE CHUTE, Wis. - A Kaukauna man has won a cheese-curd-eating contest by downing a half-pound of the rubbery snacks in less than two minutes.
The contest took place Saturday at the Great Wisconsin Cheese Festival in Little Chute. In the 25 years the contest has been run, the record was 2 minutes, 7 seconds.
The Press-Gazette Media reported that this year's winner was Tim Swokowski of Kaukauna. He set a festival record by finishing in 1 minute, 46 seconds.
He said the secret to winning is to swallow chunks of cheese. In his words: "I don't do a lot of chewin'."
He also said the key is to drink plenty of water. He said it's a lot harder to swallow cheese than one might think.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls