LITTLE CHUTE, Wis. - A Kaukauna man has won a cheese-curd-eating contest by downing a half-pound of the rubbery snacks in less than two minutes.
The contest took place Saturday at the Great Wisconsin Cheese Festival in Little Chute. In the 25 years the contest has been run, the record was 2 minutes, 7 seconds.
The Press-Gazette Media reported that this year's winner was Tim Swokowski of Kaukauna. He set a festival record by finishing in 1 minute, 46 seconds.
He said the secret to winning is to swallow chunks of cheese. In his words: "I don't do a lot of chewin'."
He also said the key is to drink plenty of water. He said it's a lot harder to swallow cheese than one might think.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online