EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - A stretch of roadway in Wisconsin buckled during this weekend's extreme heat, causing some extreme consequences as well.
One woman stopped her car on an overpass to take photos of it. As she was taking photos, her smartphone captured video of an SUV going airborne when it hit the buckled road and going across the median into the oncoming lanes.
The woman said her camera moved during the recording because she didn't know her phone was in video mode and was about to call 911.
Crews have repaired the road.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry