EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - A stretch of roadway in Wisconsin buckled during this weekend's extreme heat, causing some extreme consequences as well.
One woman stopped her car on an overpass to take photos of it. As she was taking photos, her smartphone captured video of an SUV going airborne when it hit the buckled road and going across the median into the oncoming lanes.
The woman said her camera moved during the recording because she didn't know her phone was in video mode and was about to call 911.
Crews have repaired the road.
- Fundraising effort aimed at helping summer reading programs
- Man hit by plow, deputies say
- Officials use movie previews to help save lives
- Madison group helps Chicago develop violence reduction plan
- Group suing DNR over plan for high-impact activities at Sauk Prairie Recreation Area
- Sauk County crash sends one to hospital with life-threatening injuries