School sends apology letter for using chemical to prepare food pan
Savanna Oaks Middle School cafeteria used glass cleaner instead of cooking spray
A letter went home Wednesday to parents of Savanna Oaks Middle School students, apologizing after a mix-up in the cafeteria.
The superintendent said while servers were preparing pans of marinara sauce for lunch Wednesday, glass cleaner was used instead of non-stick cooking spray.
First- through fourth-graders, along with sixth-graders, may have been exposed.
The school contacted Poison Control, which said it was unlikely the trace amounts that may have been eaten by students would cause problems, and if there were problems, students would have had symptoms within an hour.
Copyright 2013 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.