MADISON - Last weekend, the state's best individual wrestlers took to the mats at the Kohl Center. Friday, wrestlers took to the mats at the UW Fieldhouse to determine the best team. Friday, Sauk Prairie advanced to the Division One State Semifinals defeating Mukwanago 43-19.
The Eagles started out the match on a tear, winning their first four matches. Austin Howell, Brandon Sprecher and Jordan Schaff all notched decisions for the Eagles.
Saturday at the Fieldhouse, Sauk Prairie wrestles Kaukauna at 9 a.m. for the right to go to the State Finals.
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say