MADISON - Last weekend, the state's best individual wrestlers took to the mats at the Kohl Center. Friday, wrestlers took to the mats at the UW Fieldhouse to determine the best team. Friday, Sauk Prairie advanced to the Division One State Semifinals defeating Mukwanago 43-19.
The Eagles started out the match on a tear, winning their first four matches. Austin Howell, Brandon Sprecher and Jordan Schaff all notched decisions for the Eagles.
Saturday at the Fieldhouse, Sauk Prairie wrestles Kaukauna at 9 a.m. for the right to go to the State Finals.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street