- Activities start at 2 p.m.
- Blankets and lawn chairs are encouraged.
- Blankets may be put out starting on Saturday. Any earlier and the blankets will be removed.
- Dogs, fireworks, sparklers, glass or grilling are not permitted.
- Major roads will be closed, including John Nolen Drive, North Shore Drive and Broom Street
Additional trash and recycling containers, and in some cases additional restrooms and bike racks will be put out at these locations:
- Olbrich Park and Beach
- Brittingham Park
- Olin Park
- Esther Beach
- Paunack Park
- BB Clarke Beach
- Yahara Place Park
After the fireworks, the Olbrich Park boat launch will be closed Saturday from 8-10:30 p.m., and if necessary police will be rerouting traffic on Atwood Avenue to maintain public safety and a safe pedestrian crossing.
- Officials encourage residents to bike or walk to the event as limited parking is available.
- Parking on the grass is not allowed.
- Parking will be available at the Alliant Energy Center for $7 per car and $21 for a camper or RV. A shuttle from the Alliant Energy Center will cost $1.
- Ramps around downtown will be open and charging $5 for special event parking.
- Olin Park boat launch will be closed June 16-20 all day and June 24-July 1 all day
- Olbrich Park boat launch will be closed June 28 from 8-10:30 p.m.
- A slow-no-wake speed restriction will be enforced on Lake Monona from noon until midnight on Saturday.
- Tenney Lock hours will be extended on Saturday and for the July 4th weekend. On Saturday, the Tenney Lock will be open from 9 a.m. until 12 p.m. or until the last boat in line is through the lock. On July 3, 4 and 5 the lock will be open from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m., and on July 6 it will be open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Madison Festivals is looking for volunteers to help with the event and post-even clean-up.
- Madison Parks is looking for volunteers to help with clean up on Sunday at 9 a.m. A Madison Parks staff member will be at each of the parks listed above to provide supplies.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire