MADISON, Wis. - A statewide recall has been issued for meat products that were not properly inspected before they were sold, according to a release from the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection.
The products were sold under the brand names Leroy Meats of Horicon and Mississippi Meats based in Prairie du Chien, officials said.
The recall was the result of a routine inspection conducted by state inspectors at the establishment who found the products were not produced with the benefit of inspection by state officials as required for products labeled with the Wisconsin mark of inspection, which contains the words "WIS. DEPT. AGR. INSPECTED 365,” according to the release.
All products were sold at retail stores and through wholesale distributors throughout the state before May 12, officials said.
According to the release, the establishment has voluntarily recalled the product and is working with DATCP to collect as much product as possible.
Leroy Meats of Horicon
- Sloppy Joes
- Roast Pork in Gravy
- Chicken Marsala
- Sliced Roast Beef in Gravy
- Barbeque Shredded Beef
- Shredded Roast Beef in Gravy
- Breakfast Bacon Burrito
- Breakfast Burrito
- Barbeque Shredded Pork
- Liver Pate Cracker Spread
- Italian Sausage Ziti Bake
- Barbeque Shredded Chicken
- Beef Pepper Steak
- Roast Turkey in Gravy
- Chicken Stroganoff
- Beef Stroganoff
- Beef Stew
- Beef Tips with Mushrooms in Gravy
- Breakfast Ham Burrito
- Chicken Ala King
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Cooked Taco Meat
- Chicken Philly Meat
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Beef Pot Pie
No illnesses have been reported in connection with the recall, according to the release. Consumers who have any of the products can return them to the original place of purchase or discard them.
- Social media #MeToo sparks conversation on sexual assault
- Is 'America's Dairyland' license plate hurting Wisconsin's image?
- Swastikas found scratched into 20 new vehicles, police say
- Lawmakers propose new system to regulate cold medicine abuse
- Man taken to hospital after car crashed into a ditch
- One-car crash in Grant County, driver taken to hospital