Hoffman Estates, IL - KK Houser scored 15 points and Purdue defeated Wisconsin 74-62 on Friday in the Big Ten tournament quarterfinals.
Drey Mingo added 13 points and Sam Ostarello had nine points and 11 rebounds for the third-seeded Boilermakers (22-8), who will play No. 21 Nebraska in Saturday's first semifinal. Nebraska beat Iowa 76-61 in the first quarterfinal game on Friday.
Wisconsin scored the first seven points of the second half to take its biggest lead, 43-35, with 18 minutes to play. But Purdue scored the next eight to tie it, and went ahead to stay at 48-47 midway through the half.
Jacki Gulczynski led the 11th-seeded Badgers (12-19) with 21 points. Tessa Cichy had 14 points and six rebounds and Tiera Stephen scored 10 points for Wisconsin.
The Badgers, who made all 21 of their free-throw tries in their 58-57 first-round victory over Illinois on Thursday, made 13 of 14 against Purdue.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes