Waunakee clinched it's seventh Badger North Conference Championship in a row Tuesday, with a five-point win at home over Portage.
Portage, the underdog, came out of the gates fast, building an eight point lead in the first half. From there, Waunakee chipped away, reclaiming the lead in a back-and-forth second half.
Ryan Kruser hit the shot of the night as his three gave Waunakee a 50-47 lead with less than two minutes to play.
Waunakee was led by Kruser and Will Decorah, who each had 13 points.
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer