MADISON, Wis. - The Republican Party ground game operation in Wisconsin is being credited with helping put Donald Trump and host of other GOP candidates over the top.
It didn't get organized overnight.
Wisconsin Republicans have been building and refining the voter outreach effort for more than a decade. It moved into overdrive following the recall elections in 2011 and 2012.
Luke Martz is a Republican consultant who's worked in eight states, most recently Wisconsin. He says the Wisconsin GOP is known nationally as one of the best. Martz says "they know what they're doing. They know how to win races."
Republican National Committee regional political director Juston Johnson says the Wisconsin GOP "didn't leave any stone unturned" this year.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Cheesehead-wearing Wisconsinite joins people from across country at inauguration
- Rep. Pocan volunteers instead of attending inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Wisconsin Republicans celebrate in D.C. ahead of Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin's congressional delegation prepares for Trump administration