MADISON, Wis. - Senate Democrats have appointed Sen. Bob Wirch and Sen. Jennifer Shilling to serve on the Joint Committee on Finance for the upcoming legislative session.
Incoming Senate Democratic Leader Chris Larson, D-Milwaukee, made the announcement Wednesday. He said Wirch and Shilling have shown they are committed to working with fellow Democrats, Republican legislators and the governor to move Wisconsin forward.
Larson said he's looking forward to working with Wirch and Shilling to create jobs, increase economic development, and protect schools.
Wirch and Shilling are both Democrats. Wirch is from Somers, and Shilling is from La Crosse.
- Republican bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Education accountability bill clears panel, prospects dim
- Gov. Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Abortion coverage restriction bill for state workers advances