MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker's trade mission to China begins this weekend with business briefings and a visit to the Great Wall.
Walker's trip to China is his first overseas trade mission. China is the third largest export market for Wisconsin, behind Canada and Mexico.
Walker is starting the trip in Beijing and also heading to Harbin and Shanghai.
Walker said he hopes to use the trip to make inroads for Wisconsin companies as well as attract investment in the state by the Chinese.
The Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. has started a blog where the trip can be tracked: www.inwisconsin.com/chinamissionnews.
- State Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Walker welfare plan includes child care changes
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Reaction mixed to Walker's welfare reforms
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids