MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker's trade mission to China begins this weekend with business briefings and a visit to the Great Wall.
Walker's trip to China is his first overseas trade mission. China is the third largest export market for Wisconsin, behind Canada and Mexico.
Walker is starting the trip in Beijing and also heading to Harbin and Shanghai.
Walker said he hopes to use the trip to make inroads for Wisconsin companies as well as attract investment in the state by the Chinese.
The Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. has started a blog where the trip can be tracked: www.inwisconsin.com/chinamissionnews.
- Republican bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Education accountability bill clears panel, prospects dim
- Gov. Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Abortion coverage restriction bill for state workers advances