MADISON, Wis. - A Gov. Scott Walker spokesperson is accusing Tom Barrett of lying.
In last night's debate, Tom Barrett said that no one on his staff had ever been charged with a crime.
In November 2010, an receptionist in Barrett's office named Joseph Cantu plead guilty in Milwaukee County court to two counts of battery and one count of disorderly conduct after having a fight with his girlfriend.
Cantu was placed on unpaid leave after the charges were filed.
A spokeswoman for Walker's campaign said Barrett should apologize for the comments.
- Ryan on Trump differences: 'We have already agreed on our agenda'
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Ryan says he's 'on the same page' with Trump
- Position cuts, mission shift lead to scaled-back DNR
- New Orleans police chief to meet with Paul Ryan
- State DNR chief urges against breakup of her agency