MADISON, Wis. - A Gov. Scott Walker spokesperson is accusing Tom Barrett of lying.
In last night's debate, Tom Barrett said that no one on his staff had ever been charged with a crime.
In November 2010, an receptionist in Barrett's office named Joseph Cantu plead guilty in Milwaukee County court to two counts of battery and one count of disorderly conduct after having a fight with his girlfriend.
Cantu was placed on unpaid leave after the charges were filed.
A spokeswoman for Walker's campaign said Barrett should apologize for the comments.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Governor says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Committee approves bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin