MADISON, Wis. - None of Wisconsin's top Republicans will be appearing with Donald Trump when he campaigns in the state on Monday.
Republican Sen. Ron Johnson's spokesman on Thursday said "prior engagements" will keep him from attending. Both House Speaker Paul Ryan and Gov. Scott Walker will be out of state. Ryan is campaigning for House Republicans in Texas and Walker is the keynote speaker at a previously scheduled GOP candidate training event in New Jersey.
Trump plans to campaign Monday in both Green Bay and West Allis near Milwaukee. His state spokesman Matt Schuck says the schedule of who will be appearing with him is still being finalized.
Ryan had said Monday he would not defend or campaign with Trump. But he, Walker and Johnson have not revoked their support.
- Ex-Wisconsin legislator Tom Larson dies after cancer fight
- Rep. Pocan hosts town hall
- Dane County Syrian refugee withdraws request for emergency action on travel ban
- Wisconsin budget proposal moves forestry division up north
- Madison joins cities, counties opposing travel ban
- State Corrections Dept. unable to cancel $36,800 furniture order