MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker got up close and personal with Lynn the cow at the World Dairy Expo in Madison.
Walker met the cow and the Booth family from Plymouth following a tour Friday of the expo, which is expected to attract about 70,000 people during its five-day run that ends Saturday
Walker spoke with 10-year-old Cole Booth who got a sixth place showmanship ribbon for the red and white Holstein.
The expo is in its 46th year and in addition to more than 2,500 head of dairy cattle for show, nearly 800 exhibitors from 28 countries show off the latest innovations in the industry.
Walker praises the event, noting that the dairy industry accounts for about $26 billion of Wisconsin's economy.
- Walker says new numbers show state's economy up
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Vos: Gas taxes 'probably not' going up in Wisconsin
- Rep. Moore to attend inauguration despite concerns
- Assembly speaker says he'd rather up aid than cut tuition
- Wisconsin Assembly speaker Vos says fall budget action possible