MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker tells The Associated Press that he remains "absolutely" confident that he is not a subject of a criminal investigation involving former aides in his Milwaukee County office.
Walker said in a Monday interview that none of the evidence revealed for the first time in court last week would suggest that he's a target of the investigation.
Emails discussed at the sentencing last week of former Walker deputy chief of staff Kelly Rindfleisch showed that members of Walker's 2010 gubernatorial campaign held daily meetings with his county executive office staff.
Walker said he had no knowledge of county workers doing campaign work while on the clock for their county job. He said if he had known what Rindfleisch was doing, he would have taken action to stop it.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Governor says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Committee approves bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin