MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin state workers and University of Wisconsin employees would get a 2 percent pay increase in each of the next two years under votes by the Legislature's budget committee.
The Joint Finance Committee voted unanimously Thursday to go along with Gov. Scott Walker's recommendation to pay for the salary increases.
The committee is voting on making changes to Walker's budget before the full Assembly and Senate takes action.
- Janesville School Board member joins race against Ryan
- State Senate wants to borrow $850 million for roads
- Assembly passes bills on recounts, voucher school background checks
- Assembly votes to relax deer baiting-feeding ban
- Walker approves ending work permits for 16-, 17-year-olds
- Walker signs bill allowing robot deliveries in Wisconsin