MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin state workers and University of Wisconsin employees would get a 2 percent pay increase in each of the next two years under votes by the Legislature's budget committee.
The Joint Finance Committee voted unanimously Thursday to go along with Gov. Scott Walker's recommendation to pay for the salary increases.
The committee is voting on making changes to Walker's budget before the full Assembly and Senate takes action.
- Foxconn chose Wisconsin over NC's $570M offer
- Moroney named to new Foxconn-related state position
- Walker names former legislator as DNR secretary
- State officials awaiting more details on hack attempt
- Democrat Vinehout says she's running for governor to put people first
- Former GOP Rep. tapped for state Elections Commission