MADISON, Wis. - House Speaker Paul Ryan, Gov. Scott Walker and a host of Republican Senate hopefuls are gathering at a Wisconsin Dells water park for the annual state GOP convention.
The meeting begins Friday and will be highlighted by speeches on Saturday by a host of office holders. A half dozen or more possible Republican Senate candidates will also be making the rounds.
No one has officially declared they are running to challenge Democratic incumbent Sen. Tammy Baldwin next year. But several are taking steps in that direction, and the convention them a chance to introduce themselves to the same people who a year from now will be voting on whether to extend an official Republican Party endorsement.
Walker is expected to use his speech to further outline his expected re-election bid.
- Fitchburg mayor apologizes to nonprofit leaders
- State elections head says reduced staff poses risks
- State Democratic Party names new executive directors
- Baldwin giving Franken money to women veterans
- County committee approves budget amendments for jail diversion, mental health efforts
- Bill would make 'catfishing' illegal