MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker has put out the call for ornaments to decorate the Capitol Christmas tree this year.
The theme for the tree this year is "Wisconsin Traditions." Walker says that is meant to encompass "all the things that make Wisconsin great" including the Green Bay Packers, deer hunting and riding Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
Ornaments fitting that theme can be submitted by Nov. 22. Schools across the state are being sent letters with details about how students can submit ornaments for the tree that stands in the center of the Capitol rotunda during the holiday season.
- State lawmakers urging action on lead poisoning
- Dementia care funding at risk in state budget
- State lawmaker: Canada doesn't grasp urgency of milk crisis
- Superior city council member arrested following a domestic dispute, police say
- Nygren accuses fellow Republican of 'bloviating'
- Lawmakers resurrect woodchuck hunting bill