MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker has put out the call for ornaments to decorate the Capitol Christmas tree this year.
The theme for the tree this year is "Wisconsin Traditions." Walker says that is meant to encompass "all the things that make Wisconsin great" including the Green Bay Packers, deer hunting and riding Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
Ornaments fitting that theme can be submitted by Nov. 22. Schools across the state are being sent letters with details about how students can submit ornaments for the tree that stands in the center of the Capitol rotunda during the holiday season.
- Reaction mixed to Walker's welfare reforms
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- State Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'