MADISON, Wis. - A recount that did not include 110 missing ballots has flipped the results in a Democratic primary for a state Senate seat.
GAB records show the recount ended Thursday with Spring Green attorney Pat Bomhack ahead of Ernie Wittwer by 33 votes. Wittwer is a former state Department of Transportation budget director.
Election results posted last week showed Wittwer ahead by seven votes in southwestern Wisconsin's Senate District 17.
If Monroe had used its election night results, Bomhack would still have won.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Cheesehead-wearing Wisconsinite joins people from across country at inauguration
- Rep. Pocan volunteers instead of attending inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Wisconsin Republicans celebrate in D.C. ahead of Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin's congressional delegation prepares for Trump administration