MADISON, Wis. - A recount that did not include 110 missing ballots has flipped the results in a Democratic primary for a state Senate seat.
GAB records show the recount ended Thursday with Spring Green attorney Pat Bomhack ahead of Ernie Wittwer by 33 votes. Wittwer is a former state Department of Transportation budget director.
Election results posted last week showed Wittwer ahead by seven votes in southwestern Wisconsin's Senate District 17.
If Monroe had used its election night results, Bomhack would still have won.
- Legislature to reject work requirements for parents, wants final say on drug tests
- Lawmakers reject UW tuition cut, freeze to continue
- Steineke pushes back on Walker's call for quick action on road funding
- Gov. Walker urges Legislature to 'get it done'
- Gov. Walker says he'd be OK without tuition cut
- Lawyers hope to raise indigent defense pay rate