MADISON, Wis. - A recount that did not include 110 missing ballots has flipped the results in a Democratic primary for a state Senate seat.
GAB records show the recount ended Thursday with Spring Green attorney Pat Bomhack ahead of Ernie Wittwer by 33 votes. Wittwer is a former state Department of Transportation budget director.
Election results posted last week showed Wittwer ahead by seven votes in southwestern Wisconsin's Senate District 17.
If Monroe had used its election night results, Bomhack would still have won.
- Ex-Wisconsin legislator Tom Larson dies after cancer fight
- Rep. Pocan hosts town hall
- Dane County Syrian refugee withdraws request for emergency action on travel ban
- Wisconsin budget proposal moves forestry division up north
- Madison joins cities, counties opposing travel ban
- State Corrections Dept. unable to cancel $36,800 furniture order