MADISON, Wis. - Republican vice presidential nominee Mike Pence will not attend a scheduled campaign rally in Wisconsin with House Speaker Paul Ryan.
That's according to a GOP official with knowledge of Pence's plans who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release such details.
Trump and Pence were both scheduled to attend Saturday's event, but Trump bailed out late Friday as bipartisan condemnation rained down on him over his recorded vulgarities toward women.
It was unclear whether Pence would attend a private fundraiser in Rhode Island later Saturday.
Pence has been silent on the release of the 12-year-old recording, in which Trump describes his own aggressive treatment of women.
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin
- State superintendent candidate sent campaign email from schools account
- Lawmaker proposes change in use of force standards
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Appeals court hearing arguments in Wisconsin voting cases
- Gov. Walker calls for more states' rights under Trump