MADISON, Wis. - Republican state Rep. John Nygren of Marinette and Sen. Alberta Darling of River Hills will serve as co-chairs of the Legislature's powerful budget committee.
Incoming Assembly Speaker Robin Vos announced on Monday that Nygren would replace him as co-chair of the Joint Finance Committee. Darling was co-chair the previous two years and will continue in that role.
Gov. Scott Walker will submit his two-year state spending proposal to the Legislature in February. The Joint Finance Committee will hold hearings and make changes to that proposal before putting forward a new version for the Legislature to consider in late spring.
The committee is controlled 12-4 by Republicans.
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime
- Trump, Walker discuss dairy dispute in Wisconsin
- Dozen states, RNC file in Wisconsin redistricting case
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers