MADISON, Wis. - Republican state Rep. John Nygren of Marinette and Sen. Alberta Darling of River Hills will serve as co-chairs of the Legislature's powerful budget committee.
Incoming Assembly Speaker Robin Vos announced on Monday that Nygren would replace him as co-chair of the Joint Finance Committee. Darling was co-chair the previous two years and will continue in that role.
Gov. Scott Walker will submit his two-year state spending proposal to the Legislature in February. The Joint Finance Committee will hold hearings and make changes to that proposal before putting forward a new version for the Legislature to consider in late spring.
The committee is controlled 12-4 by Republicans.
- Wisconsin AG: Undercover campaign video probe still alive
- Republican bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Education accountability bill clears panel, prospects dim
- Gov. Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases