MADISON, Wis. - Republican state Rep. John Nygren of Marinette and Sen. Alberta Darling of River Hills will serve as co-chairs of the Legislature's powerful budget committee.
Incoming Assembly Speaker Robin Vos announced on Monday that Nygren would replace him as co-chair of the Joint Finance Committee. Darling was co-chair the previous two years and will continue in that role.
Gov. Scott Walker will submit his two-year state spending proposal to the Legislature in February. The Joint Finance Committee will hold hearings and make changes to that proposal before putting forward a new version for the Legislature to consider in late spring.
The committee is controlled 12-4 by Republicans.
- Vos: Gas taxes 'probably not' going up in Wisconsin
- Rep. Moore to attend inauguration despite concerns
- Assembly speaker says he'd rather up aid than cut tuition
- Wisconsin Assembly speaker Vos says fall budget action possible
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips